Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bring It On

Where to begin...well, the kidney pain came back last week. If you have been following the blog, you will recall that the week of New Years I was inflicted with severe pain in my right side due to pressure being put on the ureter preventing my kidney from draining properly - the same effect of a kidney stone. Well, the pain returned, this time on my left side. From Wednesday through Saturday I was in and out of pain - most times with pain at a constant low level and then peaking for a period of one to two hours to a 9 or 10 on the 1-10 pain scale. I am going to go as far as to say that this time it was worse than before because when the pain wasn't in full swing, I was still pretty uncomfortable, with pain at a constant level 2. I have been without pain since about 11:00 pm last night, minus a brief 20 minutes of pain at a level 3 around lunchtime today. So, hopefully it is gone. I feel the best I have felt in more than 5 days.

One of the good things to come out of this whole ordeal is that we got to go back to Duke Raleigh Hospital on Friday afternoon for a second renal ultrasound to make sure what was I experiencing was all just pregnancy related. During the ultrasound, I told the sonographer that she was welcome to take a peak at the baby while she was ultrasounding my bladder and kidneys. She at first said that she couldn't because the order only indicated for her to do a renal ultrasound, but then she rethought it and said we'll at least take a look at the head since it is right here ... And where was it? That's right, friends, it was down! So this confirms it. Yes, I know that the doctor said on Wednesday that she felt head down, but I like to have the proof in pictures!

So Amabo has retired into the birthing position which is good news and means that she is making herself ready. And at this point, with the pressure in my ribs, which was explained to me as expanding cartilege by the doctor, and the possibility of kidney pain coming back, Miss Amabo is welcome to make her entrance into this world at anytime. Seriously. We have the carseat, the crib, and clothes to put her in. Bring it on.

No comments: