Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Carpool Baby Shower

You read the title right....a Carpool Baby Shower. Since July, I have been part of the Triangle Town Carpool group. This has been the best carpool group ever. We started out as any new group of people starts out ... Chit chat about our jobs, our lives, the weather. But what started as a group of strangers quickly became a group of friends. We have been there for each other through relationships with spouses, boyfriends (or fiances), children and much much more and now pregnancy.

So today, the carpool came to pick me up at my office (my chariot home) and there were signs pasted on the windows that read "Carpool Baby Shower! It's a Girl!" It was my first shower ever in a car and it was so much fun. The car was decked out with signs, streamers and presents. We even had cookies and sparkling cider!

My first present from the carpoolers was a crib sheet ... thanks, friends! They heard the story about how the grandmother-to-be made sure we had plenty of crib sheets (we ended up with 15 after the shower in Asheville!). I also got diapers, stuff for breast feeding (which I was sure NOBODY would buy off of my registry) and a bottle holder for the dishwasher. Everything was perfect. Thank you to Portia, Terry and Tavey and their creative idea of a Carpool Baby Shower.

No comments: