Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just Blame the Pregnancy

The lesson learned for the week ... Any pain, discomfort or otherwise unexplainable phenomenon can be explained away by pregnancy.

I visited the doctor today for a follow-up to last week's urgent care visit and the doctor reiterated that I had a dilated ureter. My question: "What caused this?" His answer: "Pregnancy." Translation: "Unfortunately for you, that means the pain could come back." Apparently, the way the veins on the right side of the body cross with the ureter, coupled with engorged uterus can sometimes create for very unpleasant experiences in the kidneys, ureter and bladder of a pregnant woman. There is nothing that we can do about it. The good news is that I don't have to go see the urologist unless the pain comes back. In that case, I will go see the urologist and see if they can put in a stint to relieve some of the pressure. In the meantime, though, I am pain-free and going to enjoy it while I can!

Next doctor's appointment - Next Wednesday for my three-hour glucose test to determine if I have gestational diabetes. I will have to take some sort of project with me because I will be stuck at the doctors office from 8:00 am - 11:00 am. Maybe they can give me a room so that I can at least take a nap. That would be half-way enjoyable. The good news about next week is that we are also having the 3D ultrasound done in the middle of the glucose test...so that will be a good diversion at 10:00 am. And hopefully we will get an answer about whether or not it is really a girl! I would hate to have to change the name from Amabo to straight Obama. But if we have to, then so be it.

No comments: