Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This is more fun than I thought

This has been a lot of fun so far. I enjoy reading SC's post. She is a riot and makes me laugh on here just like she does in real life. We are both still quite nervous but I think we are starting to allow some excitement to creep in. We also had our first major announcement of the current situation. We told my mom, step dad, and brother on Monday. I knew that Mom would want to know and they were in town so we told them. Not sure where we are on more unveiling of the news or some type of major roll out of the information. I will let SC decide when to tell her parents, and I think we would like to reach that 12 week milestone before a press release is issued. We have another doctors appointment next week so we hope to learn more then.

Mom was super excited. I took the chance on telling her so if something happens we (or me) will have a small network of folks to talk to about the situation. I learned long time ago that it is not good to keep bad feelings trapped inside. We also swore mom to secrecy on this subject as we wait to get out of the danger zone. There is a trip to Asheville planned for later September that may be a platform for the information to get out.

I looked at my library report today and I have 15 books checked out with a super majority of them being about the situation we are facing. We have found one that we both really enjoy and I have ordered it, and hope it will arrive early next week. I have found some of the books not very helpful at all, but that is probably more based on their layout rather than the information conveyed. There is one, i think the title is, My Boys Can Swim, it seems to be quite irreverent on important subject matters but is entertaining in the way it is written. I look forward to reading more of it.

Well I guess that is it for now, I have been told that today is my birthday and I am required to go out with people and celebrate. Should be fun although I am wicked tired today for some reason . I think it is sympathy pains from what SC is going through. LOL. DC

No comments: