Friday, August 29, 2008

Sympathy Pains? Seriously...

Don't think that I don't appreciate the sympathy - trust me, I do. Especially when I am running to the bathroom for the 968th time to pee and/or vomit. However, does my husband have sympathy pains for me ... the verdict is still out. Yes, he has been exhausted - arguably just as much as I have. But, I should also tell you that on Monday we were out late at his softball game, ate dinner at 9:00 pm finally and then I went to bed, while he stayed up to watch the Democratic Convention. Then Tuesday night, with his parents still in town, he stayed up late and watched the convention while I went to bed. Wednesday night was no different. Thursday night, he was out until 11:30 pm watching NCSU get their brains beat in by South Carolina. So, is he tired - absolutely! Sympathy pains?...questionable. All I am saying is that before he gripes about his aches and pains out of sympathy for me, he should be thankful that he doesn't have to carry our pea in his pod, cause I am not quite sure he would make it 40 weeks. So to all women who have ever been pregnant and have husbands who complain about their "sympathy" pains, I raise a glass to you (in April after we meet our little pea of course!).

No comments: