Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Journey Begins

First off,let this first entry apologize for all grammatical mistakes and other linguistically incorrect things you may ever read in this blog. I do not claim to be a writer and have a tendency to write like I talk. I am also happy to annouce that Sarah has taken an interest and will likely be posting as well. She will be SRC and I am DC so you can tell us apart.

So yesterday I found out we are pregnant. I don’t think I like that phrase “we are pregnant." I am not pregnant. Sure I was there for part of the process, an important part at that, but realistically she is the one that is pregnant and has to go through ALL the changes that comes along with this process. We got a picture and everything. Tears welled up in our eyes when we saw a heartbeat. But now what? When I got a new puppy and went to the vet, they gave me a humongous package of crap. What to feed the new puppy? Housetraining the little one? Tricks for all dogs? Samples of stuff and much much more globs of information that got discarded err I mean carefully read and saved for a later use. For this life changing occurrence a got a firm handshake from the doctor.

That’s it? I think I may have found the starting point of the epidemic problem of broken families and why children show up on the first day of school not prepared. I realize that was a broad stroke of the brush but barring any setbacks and complications in April of 2009, we will be responsible for another human being and all I got was a handshake. I am freaking out(a good thing) about what to do next. I have been down the road of suffering from a miscarriage so there are parts of me that are slow to accept the reality of what may be occurring. That was a tough time. The other part of me has at least 312,098 questions. How hard do I wipe the baby's bum after it poops? When can it eat pizza? What kind of carseat do I need to purchase? How this? Why that? When do i? who does? Where can? You get my point, there are lots of questions from my point of view.

So needless to say, I owe work a couple of days because since yesterday all I can focus on is the situation at hand. There are apparently as many books out there on this subject as I have questions. I don’t think I have the time to read a book per question. The kid would be on Social Security by the time I got done.

So what did I ultimately decide to do? You’re reading it, I decided to start a blog. Not sure why other than to have an outlet for me. I may not even tell anyone about it just me. But as this new journey begins I am sure my question list will grow and I will be back here from time to time to check in and offer more tidbits of information.

There may be pictures as well. I am trying to talk the one that must be obeyed into allowing me to set up a place to take a picture of her everyday of the process. I know that is a stupid thing to do, but I think it will be cool. So you may or may not seem some pics, I will have to learn how to do that. I know enough about computers to be deadly, it only took me 45 minutes to get this thing setup after I realized I didn’t have a gmail account. I am the proud owner of a gmail account now and hope that I can remember the login name and password so I can find my way back here. Cheers, DC.

No comments: