Monday, August 18, 2008

Nesting over the weekend....Na, not yet!

So is nesting defined as waking up early on a Saturday (before 9) and cleaning the house for three hours straight before doing anything else productive? I doubt it, but it sure did feel like it. Just joking, the house was in dire need of a cleaning, and I think it just coincided with the timing of everything. The other funny thing is, as you may have read, is that SC is ravishingly hungry all the time. Now that is fine if you are the pregnant one, but if you are the one that needs to drop a few lbs this is not very advantageous. This morning there was some leftover rice for breakfast before the dentist, and then at 10, it was time to eat again. Lunch came in the form of mac and cheese around noon, and now its time for a bratwurst. For me, I am off to the gym, it is my goal to lose some of that extra weight and to take better care of myself. I think it is my idea of leading by example, its not fair to ask someone to do something you cant do yourself.

There was also a trip to the library this weekend. Let’s just say that I almost bought one of those cloth environmentally friendly bags to carry all the books in that I checked out. Most of them for the daddy to be books, a couple on fatherhood. I don’t think I am quite that far along to need the fatherhood books yet, so my focus will be on basics first. How to deal with SC during all this? What can I do to help out the most? And other things along those lines. So far, my first emotions have been justified by what I am reading which makes me feel more normal about the whole process.

We took all three dogs to the vet today for their annual checkup and it was over 600 bucks, that made me very thankful for insurance. Our one dog is mightily afraid of the vet, so bad in fact, the vet has urged us to give her prescription meds to calm her down. We tried today and it didn’t work, she was scratching and clawing trying to get away and her heart was racing. I do not like it when my dog, or anything for that matter, is that afraid of something. I hope I can handle having a child that is afraid of something one day. I hope I will know what to say to calm them down and hopefully get them over their fears. I know that even as an adult I am afraid of things, but at least I know how to get over that. I hope that as a father I can do ok by this kid. I think that is my biggest fear. DC

No comments: