Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Some Big Decisions to be made...kind of!!!!


Finally, we get the bag of stuff from the doctor. I knew there had to be a bag of stuff that went along with this whole process. We went back to the doctor today for blood work and OB Nurse visit. It wasn’t too bad, the entire thing took about 1 ½ hours. There was peeing in a cup, about a gallon of blood withdrawn, and then an hour long meeting I am sure my wife wishes I could have skipped out on.

I tend to bring humor to the situation. Honestly, I think the nurse doing the interview liked it, I mean if you have to sit and talk about this stuff with person after person, day after day, some comic relief every now and then would be nice. Personally the comment about the scratchy itchy bumps was funny.

The good thing to come out of this is SC seemed to be a little more at ease about the process. Especially when the nurse told her that they usually don’t have the OB Nurse visit unless they are positive things are moving down the right path. This was also reassuring to me as well since we both have been a little reluctant to let the emotion flow. I blame the first experience earlier in the year for our cautiousness.

We have some big decisions to make, like do we want to take the birthing class all day from 8-5 or do we want to do the 5 week 2 hour sessions, two half days? I mean this is some serious decisions to think about. Plus there are some other things SC may do like the water yoga for people in her situation. She would enjoy that immensely and I hope she does it. We also got the schedule of visits and it appears early on we don’t have that many visits early on, but we do get to go back next week. We can find the sex out hopefully at the visit after that, I think sometime in week 15-18. Keep your fingers crossed and pray for healthy no matter what.

I know some desire an XX chromosomal set, I think having the XY would be fun and I can teach them to play sports and all the stuff that goes along with that along with music lessons. I always wished I could have taken piano lessons when I was little. My main desire is a healthy process and that God’s will be done. I would also pray that whatever it is cannot like soccer. I would be a terrible parent if I let the kid play soccer. There are so many other actual sports out there; we have to stay away from soccer at all costs. I am outta here for now. DC

No comments: