Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dan says that I need to post ... so here I am, after an evening at water aerobics, hair still damp from the pool, posting.

Many changes have taken place since the first days of this pregnancy. I am certain that a total of about 25 people now know, not including the strangers that my mother-in-law has likely told in the past two weeks. Baby Crawford is now about two and a half inches long and from what I have read, most of its systems are fully formed. Hmmm...that's kindda cool.

Other changes - I don't like meat. I am hopeful that this will change sometime by week 14. Because I am a carnivore. And lately, I have been choking down chicken just to make sure I get the nutrients that I need. I am now the proud owner of a maternity swimsuit.

Our doctor's visit on Sept 12 was an exciting one. Our baby was bouncing around like crazy and the doc was extremely pleased with its movement. This made us excited and allowed us to open up a little more. Dan still played Mr. Funny and when the doctor asked if we had any questions, Dan piped up and said "Yeah...is my wife gonna be stupid for the rest of this?" That's right folks...he was referring to Pregnancy Brain - yes there is a term for it. So, I have been a little preoccupied lately and have lost my keys, been mostly unfocused, and I am sure there is other stuff. But seriously ... "is my wife gonna be stupid...." Oh dear. Nonetheless, it made the doc laugh, which I suppose is good. And luckily for Dan, I found the humor in it as well.

So here we are - at about 12.5 weeks. 6.5 months to go, or so. We have an attic space to finish off before baby comes or else I am not quite sure where we will fit all the extra gear. I have been having nightmares that we have to move ourselves, our dogs and all of our stuff into one room in my parent's house...and then I realize "we are having a baby....we have to find a place for all of that stuff, too." Could this nightmare, and my OCD anxiety be causing the headaches ... it's a possibility.

No comments: