Monday, September 8, 2008

Hey Hey Hey



Sigh...what am I sighing about? Eating healthy. Not something that I want to do. So, what's on my preferred menu right now? Let's see - potatoes in the form of french fries, potato chips, bagels with lots of cream cheese, pizza, chinese food. For those of you that know me, eating carbs is something that I made a conscious effort to keep out of my diet. Now, it's "no carb left behind," or fat for that matter. Sure, I am pregnant, but what exactly does this mean? Some think that it means a green flag for whatever you're in the mood for. Personally, I love this way of thinking. However, practically, I know that if I continue this it will not be the baby's fault that mom has gained so much weight.

Today for lunch, I marched myself to the Loop on Duke's campus and ordered a grilled chicken salad with low-fat ranch. Mmmmm. The entire time that I have been eating it, I keep saying to myself, "this is the best salad ever." Is it working? No. But that's okay. The ranch is good, would be better if I had french fries to dip in it. The croutons are delicious as well. Alas, this is my effort to have a healthier me, and hopefully an easier time losing the weight after baby comes. Meanwhile, I am thinking that the "Fat Albert" look isn't so bad....

No comments: