Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The latest and greatest udpate...

This whole pregnancy thing is starting to seem more real every day. What makes you say this you ponder? Well there are many things; here are some that come to mind quickly as I try to finally put a post together as SC sits at the piano at a late hour. Tomorrow want to guess what we are doing? We are going to look at some daycares in our neighborhood. You heard correctly, we are visiting daycares. She that must be obeyed is almost 17 weeks along, check the counter at the top of the page for yourself, yet we have to go look at daycares since many of them often have long waits.

The other reality is that daycare is going to cost more per month than our house. Now don’t get me wrong I am not complaining about the price, they have a large responsibility and there is a huge trust factor that goes into this decision, so price is what it is as long as they take care of Area 51 baby. Not sure if we have mentioned that yet or not. We refer to this as the process, and the kid as it, and the Area 51 baby because at this juncture the pictures we have of it resemble an alien life form, I hope that changes. Where was I, I don’t know what I expect to find out tomorrow. I don’t think I am going to walk in to any place and see them abusing the children at all, I am sure they keep the roughneck workers in the back and abused kids out of sight from people like us.

I also imagine if we ask questions, the answers would be like asking a waiter what’s good on the menu. Our next door neighbor is going through the same process as we are and its due any day now, we are fortunate that we can learn from them and they have already chosen a daycare close to the homestead. Is it bad if we just rely on them? They are awesome people surely made rationale decisions on this choice of day care. UPDATE: baby C has entered the world; I cannot wait to meet her.

The baby bump is slowly but surely beginning to take shape. We were in Tennessee this past weekend spending time with family. A good time was had by all, our house was a blast but I think at the next trip we will be moved into the kid house. Such is life. On the way out of town, we stopped at the outlet stores for some shopping. I decided to buy yet another pair of golf shoes; I own more golf shoes than some people on shoes. The most important thing to come out the trip was some clothes for the ever changing body of SC. What a concept that they have a store dedicated to pregnant women. She picked up some nice things that look great on her. The jeans are her favorite and she got some real nice tops that look great on her.

A little over a week and half away we hopefully will know more about the sex of the child. All along, we have said that we want healthy and done. I think there are some things of each sex that make them uniquely special. I know I have already been looking at the cool clothing options out there, I see little cheerleading outfits that rock and little football uniforms that are special as well. This whole process is still mind boggling to me, not a day goes by that I don’t think about it. I am still very apprehensive about being a father; I hope I don’t blow it. I apologize that it has been so long between posts, hopefully that will get better. I imagine that there will be one next Friday worse case scenario. And for the love of God and all things holy feel free to share any advice you may have, it would be appreciated.

No comments: