Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My new love

So, I have been avoiding the buying of new clothes for "my condition." Not that I don't like shopping, but spending money on clothes that can be worn for a limited time only is not exactly my idea of fun. That said, I did recognize the need to invest in a pair of pregnant lady jeans, seeing as how my current clothes, although still fitting, are not all that comfortable any more. I received an email from Motherhood Maternity stating that jeans were on sale and I decided to stop by and see. The lady at the store was eager to help me and sell me things - she told me about nursing bras (which I don't think I need yet), she tried to sell me a summer dress (I will be pregnant big in the winter) and I repeatedly and nicely told her that I was just here to buy the jeans. And I did. Coincidentally, I also purchased a brown sweater jacket that looked good on me now (during a less pregnant state) so I figure I will get some use out of it after the fact.

I got home and immediately showed Dan my new "secret fit" maternity jeans. Secret fit refers to the giant panel of seamless spandex that goes around the top of them to hide giant and growing pregnant bellies. Dan took one look at the jeans and said "those aren't jeans, that's a dress...." Oh, Dan - there is so much you don't know. So I put my new pregnant lady jeans on and proceeded to marvel at two things: 1) How comfortable these new pants were and 2) the amazing stretch ability in the secret fit spandex. So stretchy in fact that I could fit an entire pillow in my pants!!! This is amazing! I have found what I have always been looking for - a pair of pants to wear at the Thanksgiving table! So my new pants are my new love. So much so that I nearly slept in them on Monday evening. I must go buy another pair because this pair is sure to wear out soon!

So, while much of this pregnant business has not been wonderful (I may hit the next person who says, "Oh, I loved being pregnant"), I am starting to find the joy in the small things that will come with being sick, being tired and gaining weight. I already found joy in guilt-free trips to McDonald's for chocolate shakes and a large fry.

No comments: