Thursday, February 5, 2009

Checking in with some Updates

Well today is February 4, 2009. That means only 58 calendar days to the expected due date; or about 8 weeks if you prefer. I am looking forward to holding her more than anything for the first time. Crying or not, I do not think I will be able to describe it, it will be cool.

I am still worried about the whole process but am getting much better at letting that go. I take one look into the world around us and know that I can handle this. It will be one of the hardest things I have ever done in life while being the most rewarding thing as well. Sort of reflects the normal trials and tribulations that life throws at us on a daily basis.

This weekend the baby showers commence. I think there are three planned. One this weekend, one in two weeks in Asheville, and another one in early March from her co-workers. This should be a good time and hopefully we will get some of the much needed stuff we are lacking at this point. I am not too worried about the kid going nekkid, but some other things sure would be nice.

We have a doctors appointment next week, should be a quick routine visit in and out. So far I have been able to make it to all the visits and hope to continue this till she gets here. We also have visited one pediatrician with another visit scheduled for next. I am not certain what to expect at these. I don’t think they are going to roll out the bloody doctor that admits to beating children while smoking a crack pipe. Instead the offices are all nicely groomed and doctors come out and chat about what to expect. I like the first one a little because they had an old doctor and a really young one. I think that would give us a wide range of treatment options.

Also next week we start birthing class or Lamaze class of you prefer. Again, no idea what to expect there, should be interesting. I am hoping my irreverence will get me through it or else I do know what might happen.

Thanks for all of you who read this. Also thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers during this process, we could not do it with you and the big guy upstairs.

No comments: